Looking for good silent wired multimedia keyboard.

Europa 14:50 05 May 2007

At the moment I am using the keyboard that came with the PC, but the noise it makes each time I pressed a key is getting on my nerves.
There is nothing wrong with the keyboard, but when I am using it it sounds tacky and cheap.
My saitek keyboard for gamers was smooth and silent but I do like the multimedia hotkeys I have with this one.
Can anyone recommend a quality wired multimedia keyboard?
Thank you.

Totally-braindead 14:58 05 May 2007

Go to PC World, they have a lot on display and see what you like.

pj123 17:05 05 May 2007

I think it's called "feedback". As a typist at 70wpm I don't think I could type on a "silent" keyboard. I need the feedback when I am typing and not looking at the keyboard or monitor. I might be talking to someone as well so it is nice to know I am hitting the right keys.

Cherry do what they call "Ultra Silent" keyboards whatever that means. Also KeySonic do Silent Multimedia keyboards.

Europa 18:49 05 May 2007

Thanks pj123, I am not on a 70wpm but my keyboard is a lot more noisy than even my 6 years old gateway keyboard. If I could program some hotkeys to my taste, I would go back to my saitek, which is more like a notebook keypad.
I will look into the keyboards you have suggested.

Europa 19:39 05 May 2007

I have found what I was looking for.
If it's the same quality as my other saitek, it will be perfect, and more quiet.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?