looking for good scanner

naineysman 17:14 15 Aug 2008

Need a scanner for old photographs which needs to be no more than £150, preferably a printer on board too? any suggestions.

version8 17:23 15 Aug 2008

I have the Epson Stylus DX4800 which is a great scanner/printer.
Have a look in Staples as they often do good deals.

Diemmess 17:34 15 Aug 2008

If you want to improve old photos you presumably already have image editing software and a reasonable printer.
So I suggest one of the Epson Perfection (v 100) or similar.
Costs less than your budget, excellent scans across a wide choice of resolution and colours and has a useful gizmo to allow scanning of transparencies switching to a light source in the lid.

I prefer to avoid multifunction devices if possible, because they tend to be made down to a price and carry the possibility of failure of any one of the functions leaving you stuck.

chub_tor 17:53 15 Aug 2008

Just bought this multifunction. Great reviews, well made, cheap refills and superb performance for printing and scanning. £103 delivered free, ordered on a Thursday evening delivered Monday morning.

Clapton is God 21:38 15 Aug 2008

"Just bought this multifunction"

Er. Which???

chub_tor 21:45 15 Aug 2008

Sorry about that, did the ctrlC and forgot the ctrlV, here it is click here

naineysman 23:05 15 Aug 2008

looks the ticket, thanks

Stuartli 20:49 16 Aug 2008

QVC has this new film scanner available (was even less recently at £59 when first introduced) and, judging by the demonstration, effective:

click here

Stuartli 20:49 16 Aug 2008

QVC has this new film scanner available (was even less recently at £59 when first introduced) and, judging by the demonstration, effective:

click here

Stuartli 20:50 16 Aug 2008

Otherwise a Canon Lidl or Epson scanner with film/transparencies holder will do the job.

chub_tor 22:01 16 Aug 2008

Why are you suggesting film scanners? naineysman was asking about scanning photographs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?