Looking to get HTC desire, network question

AL47 16:24 07 Mar 2010

im looking to get the HTC desire on possibly tmobile, [would like it on o2 but hey]

my question is that i believe orange and Tmobile are merging so would like to know if this is going to improve signal and coverage as there are obviously areas where only one of these networks exist

thanks

Forum Editor 17:37 07 Mar 2010

is already under way. The new company will be very big indeed, and in theory network coverage should be the best there is, once some of the technical details have been sorted out.

T-Orange, or whatever they decide to call it, will be a huge company - the biggest mobile provider in the UK.

crazyc1 12:56 08 Mar 2010

We are approcahing a bit of a tipping point in mobile phones at the moment. With WM7 due at the end of the year, and the first of the new generation Android and windows phones with quick processors coming out, you may well want your next upgrade in 18 months to 2 years. I wonder whether the merger will have caused any benefits in network coverage by then. These things always take longer than expected.

AL47 15:20 08 Mar 2010

the desire is a 1GHz processor and i wont sign up to anything longer than 18mnths and definitly not getting an iphone

i wouldve liked the HTC HD2 but its not going to get win mo 7 so i dont think there are any other options as to what handset to get

crazyc1 14:54 09 Mar 2010

Am not exactly ecstatic at what has been shown of WM7 so far. Yes I am sure it will run fast and smooth and provide a recognisable experience. But it seems to be a Micorsoft version of the iphone. Windows was always so much more flexible/customisable.
I am running a Touch pro 2 with windows 6.5.x on it with Sense 2.5 and its great.

Although they are continuing windows 6.5 for a while, it is apparently not for higher end devices, so I am thinking when my contract expires in february, it may be Android for me.

I also need a hardware keyboard so the TP2 is currently the best on the market for me.

Anyway, WM7 is not due out for 9 months so I would not rule out the HD2 - once WM7 is released it will likely take a while for the guys at XDA to get on top of it. So the HD2 still rules the roost for quite some time to come....

AL47 20:16 09 Mar 2010

I don't really think I want to wait with a phone for 9 months beore it gets an update, I liked the hd2 but I just don't know if the OS is for me, was mch more professional than entertaining and once u gwt past sense ui its not nice

Thats why i was thinking google thwy bring out updates far more frequently if the hd2 was flashable to android id have that but as its not i can see no other choice but android/desire

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?