Looking for advice on broadband

EARLR 10:29 25 Oct 2005

I live in southern Spain and am currently using Telefonica's broadband. It's slow and requires me to have a telephone land-line. Both are expensive.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Forum Editor 18:05 25 Oct 2005

which is the more appropriate forum area. We have a regular contributor who also lives in Spain, I'll advise him about your query, and I'm sure he'll help if he can.

EARLR 18:46 25 Oct 2005

/

DieSse 22:36 25 Oct 2005

I see you've ticked this thread - but you now won't get any notifications that you've been answered!

If you wish - please start a new thread - or you can send me an email by clicking on the yellow envelope.

What exactly is the problem - I have many clients and friends who use Telefonica BB quite happily (as well as other suppliers). Tell us a bit more about what speed you pay for, what speed you get, and how much you pay - and I see if I can make any sensible suggestions.

I live in Almeria, with no telephone line! So I have a microwave system. My costs for BB are high compared with the UK and Spanish ADSL, and speeds not great. I wish I could get a telephone line (but I can't).

I presume you do realise that in order to have ADSL you MUST have a telephone line - that's what the ADSL connection uses - there are no cable systems that I have come across here.

However there are lots of *deals* for BB and telephone combined, which are really very good.

So let me know more about your situation, and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction.

Forum Editor 22:42 25 Oct 2005

Thanks, DieSse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?