Longhorn...more info?

Fateful Shadow 13:36 27 Jul 2003

Apart from the news section on this site, does anybody know where I can get information on the OS Windows Longhorn?

Thanks

powerless 13:44 27 Jul 2003
  DieSse 14:01 27 Jul 2003

But seeing as how it's not due until 2005 ......

powerless 14:51 27 Jul 2003

Theres nothing wrong in finding information about it DieSee.

What we see now will/maybe different to its Gold status, but still...

TechMad 17:30 27 Jul 2003

You need until 2005 to save up the money to have a computer strong enough to support it.

Forum Editor 18:30 27 Jul 2003

will change quite a bit between now and the projected release date.

There's little point in getting too excited about this O/S until it has been in beta for a while. It's still in the alpha stage at the moment, and there's a very long way to go.

Fateful Thankful Shadow 19:04 27 Jul 2003

I only wanted to know a few details for my ICT class next term. We are starting work on Operating systems, and I wanted to know a bit about Longhorn before I returned to school.

Besides...if I can get my teacher talking about Longhorn, they'll go on for ages, leaving us with a free lesson! (Joke! :P)

Thanks

Mango Grummit 23:53 27 Jul 2003

"I only wanted to know a few details for my ICT class next term." Here you go then, more info than you can shake a stick at.

Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Windows "Longhorn" FAQ

click here

AdeJ 19:24 28 Jul 2003

"Besides...if I can get my teacher talking about Longhorn, they'll go on for ages, leaving us with a free lesson! (Joke! :P) "

The youth of today... (but believe it or not the same trick still works for me with my boss...)

Mango Grummit 20:33 08 Aug 2003

sorted?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?