Long repair times by acer

Chris..b 11:31 03 Nov 2004

Having brought a laptop from acer and it going wrong within a month...i sent it back to acer.

The thing is....a keyboard fault was diagnosed over the phone and the parts were ordered.

But they told me a repair would be approx 10 days...and 10 days later nothing.

I have just phoned them and the customer service advisor told me that the company hand move all repairs to a different place so everything was under one roof....but they made a complete mess of it and they seem to have a huge backlog.

The move only happened 12 weeks ago and i could not get any information from them apart from they are awaiting part...

so good look if you need to return an acer computer

spuds 22:59 04 Nov 2004

If you put Acer in the Search box, you should find 82 listed postings.Some worth reading,due to similar references to your own problem.

Forum Editor 23:13 04 Nov 2004

of the supply of goods and services to consumers regulations Acer must repair the machine within "a reasonable time". There's no legal definition of what is reasonable - each case is judged on its own set of circumstances, should the matter come before a court.
My own view is that 10 days is less than the limit of 'reasonable' but that 21 days would be the limit.

If you feel that you can't wait that long you could try notifying Acer (in writing) that in your opinion the machine is 'not fit' for its purpose, and that you are therefore rejecting it. This would entitle you to a full refund of the price paid.

Chris..b 07:59 05 Nov 2004

Would just like to thank spud and editor for there response...ill tell you how i get on once ive wrote a letter

Chris..b 16:36 15 Nov 2004

Phoned acer after about 23 days and i was told that FINALLY the parts were in.

The rep that i spoke to was very helpful and even called me on today to tell me that the repair was on its final check and i should get the computer back within 3 days

AT LAST I MAY GET MY LAPTOP BACK.....

Chris..b 19:46 17 Nov 2004

Just had a phone call.....i will recive my laptop back tommorow....

Chris..b 23:28 19 Nov 2004

with new keyboard, mainboard and harddrive...thanks again to all that replyed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017