Logitech Keyboard

donki 16:52 07 Mar 2007

Just thought id post my experience with Logitech, I bought the Cordless S510 Media Remote Desktop back in March and noticed that within a few months the lettering on the keys was fading. So i rang up customer support and they were very helpful and asked for the serial number of my product which i supplied. I soon recieved my new Cordless Desktop, I thought "excellent service" couldn't of asked for more. So Ive been using my new keyboard and guess what.... its happening again. So again Ive been in contact and again theyve said they will send out a new product, I have asked if this problem has been solved with the new model, I havent had an answer. Wot do I do if this problem keeps happening, its good customer service to offer a replacement so easily but id rather not have the hassle. Has anyone else had this experience?

I remember a thread a while ago about someone who was experiencing the same problem as you. I think they recommended applying a thin coat of nail varnish to each key which gave it a layer protection from wear. Once you could see the nail varnish wearing away, just re-apply another coat.

terryf 17:36 07 Mar 2007

But what if you are a 74 year old male who has given up wearing (or perhaps never did wear) nail varnish?????

Then a trip to your local Boots is in order ;o)

jack 08:29 08 Mar 2007

1. The nail varnish is a good ides or a touch in kit from Halfords for example if you are shy if buying nail varnish[As one 74 to another 74 is there not an obliging lady in your circle?-for nail varnish that is]
As far as replacing the item concerned - Logitech[or any other firm in any trade] will do is supply another of the same]This is being bashed out on a 5 year old Logitech PS2 board - no problems - so it looks like Logitech have a model problem]
On another but similar vein more than 30 years ago a new card with the first of the relining seat backs kept breaking the back recline mechanism- back it went under warranty -and a new seat was fitted- on the third return I said to the dealer- look at the seat and you will that the parts at a join are not strong enough - beef it up a bit in the work shop with a bit of brazing.
-The request was refused - they would fit only the replacement- and it being the same will surely break.
So when I got the next one I took it to a local guy who - beefed it up. job done]
Looks like you have a similar choice - stick with it - or money back and try another brand

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?