harps1h 22:26 22 May 2009

today when i went into the forum i was greeted by an update your information page. as i did feel the need to give any more information than i originally did i tried to navigate past it. however i couldn't and it redirected back to the update fields page. tbh i found this very intrusive and totally unnecessary to my reading this forum. mant of the "required fields were blank for your own answer to which i put none of your business. is this the pcadvisor is going to conduct its website in the future. surely as we have a right to visit here without giving personal data which will nothave any relevance to my reading of the forums.

normally i would not take the effort to write about this type of thing but i have to say it disturbs me. to many this stance may seem contrary but my personal data is just that ....personal. but tonight i was bullied by the site into giving more than i needed to access something i do most days trouble free.

is the forum turning into tescos and going to rule the world?

lotvic 23:23 22 May 2009

I didn't get an update page on first.
Are you sure it was genuine? The only things that are on the 'Update your account details' in My Profile are
Name, Email, Password, Username,
Location, Mobile, Employment Status. (I have these 3 left blank)

and then the newsletter choices boxes, T&C box & keep me logged in box.

I suggest you click on 'My Profile' and check that it is the same page you got before.

harps1h 23:41 22 May 2009

it was those but they were mandatory fields and wouldn't take me to the home page unless they were filled. if they wanted that info it should have been on a voluntary basis, thats why i filled in none of your business

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?