A little praise for EA Games

Eagie 11:49 27 May 2003

In a world where customer support sometimes seems non-existent I would like to sing the praises of Electronic Arts.

I am having a few probs with James Bond: Nightfire (it crashes sporadically which is very annoying). Using the EA Games website I submitted my problem, none of the automated replies helped so I was contacted by a member of their support team via e-mail. He has gone through a few options with me but instead of just saying 'update your driver' he supplied me with the URLs and driver revision numbers. He has always responded within 24hrs - even the Bank holiday didn't stop him.

The problem isn't quite sorted (though I now know that my AGP aperture setting was way too low) but as I have virtually finished the game despite the crashes I am not too bothered - after all it's just a game.

EA deserve a slap on the back. Its just a shame that provider of more critical software/hardware can't follow their example.

James

kingkenny 12:42 27 May 2003

I had similar problems with game performance in Mohaa Spearhead. I used the website and got a very quick response from them with numerous suggestions. I eventually got the problem fixed.

I also broke a disk and they asked me to send it in with a cheque for £7.50. I got a new disk, new box and a nice letter a few days later.

overall very pleased with EA games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?