Linksys ADSL router

Dan Electro 19:20 02 Sep 2005

Junk is the only way of describing this. I wonder if anyone else has had problems with one. I was impressed\worried by the way PC World changed it with no argument. I've got a Belkin now and at the moment it seems to be fine.

Diodorus Siculus 19:38 02 Sep 2005

What was up?

Dan Electro 19:46 02 Sep 2005

At first all was fine. Then after a couple of days it lost all the settings. A day later it dropped my ethernet connection, and I tried everything to get it back to no avail. I left it alone and re-installed my Sagem ADSL modem so I could get on line. Three hours later I tried it again-nothing, so then I tried the wireless connection on my laptop-nothing. In a fit of pique I plugged it directly into the ethernet port on my laptop and still nothing. I belong to several forums and it seems a common problem with this unit.

I just wondered if anyone here had problems with one of these.

Diodorus Siculus 21:02 02 Sep 2005

Sounds like a nasty case. Good that PCW were willing to exchange it - when I was in a branch down in Croydon a while ago there was a sign saying that networking stuff would not be exchanged if opened.

Hope this serves as a potential warning for others.

Dan Electro 21:12 02 Sep 2005

I got the feeling that they had quite a few complaints. That's a bit hard not being able to return a faulty product. I would have thought in contravention of consumer rights as well.

Diodorus Siculus 21:27 02 Sep 2005

It's proving that it is faulty that is the problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?