LineOne/Tiscali Help I want to disconnetc?

leither 20:45 25 Jun 2007

What a long drawn out saga this has been. For almost 9 months I've had BT Broadband and want to cancell my old LineOne/Tiscali dial up connection and payment. I must have called them a dozen times and after a long process of telling them my details they promise to disconnect after the alloted time e.g. cancellation notice etc. Alas, I'm still being billed. The quarterly payment is added to to my BT bill and included with this, so I assume that BT are collecting the payment for them. Can I request that BT stop billing me for this as the ISP is failing to respond to my calls?

spuds 22:15 25 Jun 2007

I think that you may find this is/was the old BT/Lineone SurfTime arrangement Lineone then Tiscali had with BT.This was discontinued ages ago.

Contact BT and ask their advice. Failing that contact Ofcom click here

David4637 14:12 26 Jun 2007

Do a search on the helproom, many have had similar probs, and it was suggested who you should write to in Tiscali - its no good phoning you have to put it in writing giving them "dead line" to meet. David

bjh 14:37 26 Jun 2007

If you have kept records of telephone conversations, they should refund the months overpayment since you asked for cancellation. If it is billed via BT, copy a letter to them stating that you have cancelled this, and would like them to confirm they will stop billing you for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017