letter of complaint to Mesh

corg 10:47 22 May 2006

Please see below our email to Mesh, please note that my partner purchased the items but I am complaining, so people are aware of Mesh's bad customer service and policys, so perhaps they can improve and treat their customers with respect-after all it is because of us that they survive.
Thanks

Suzie

Dear Mr Relic

As discussed in our conversation yesterday, I am unfortunately forced to now request a full refund for the above order pursuant to the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended by the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002).

The above order was delivered in two boxes on Tuesday 25 April 2006, upon opening the monitor box we found the monitor damaged and notified your customer services department immediately. They arranged a collection of the damaged article the same day. Although there was no obvious damage to the box when we signed for the delivery, when we inspected the box we then saw that the corner had been compressed, corresponding to the damage we had found on the monitor. It appeared that the corner had been prised back into shape to disguise the damage. We notified customer services of this when we called, and were promised a telephone call the next day to arrange a replacement.

That call never came, and after over 15 calls (listed below) to Mesh Computers Customer Services, and Technical Support and a number by attempts of your organisation to avoid our complaints, including but not limited to being put on hold indefinitely, we have given up on Mesh meeting its contractual obligations and request a full refund of £1808.07 (One thousand, eight hundred and eight pounds and seven pence).

Your organisation's consistent refusal to replace the damaged monitor, a major component of the above order, has rendered the PC unusable for us, we deem the whole package not fit for purpose.

When we spoke yesterday, you promised to respond to my refund request letter today, and although I do not expect to keep your promise (your organisation has consistently broken its promises to me over the last few weeks), I do formally request that you respond in writing to this communication by email or post within five (5) days.

As an existing and previously loyal Mesh customer I am very disappointed, and frankly appalled at the lack of service offered me on this purchase. I assure you that despite your distasteful hints and allegations, if you continue to deny to fulfil your contractual obligations I will pursue my rights, Including damages to the full extent of the law.

Stuartli 10:50 22 May 2006

You would have been better to have included the above in your original post rather than here, there and everywhere...:-)

Inform your credit card company (I presume you bought it using one) immediately - that will be your quickest course of redress.

spuds 11:04 22 May 2006

Agree with Stuartli, you seem to open new threads as a continuation of this one. Best to keep to the one thread, then people will know what the problem is, and how they can perhaps help.Having four or more threads on the same problem is going to cause confusion, and will get less responses.

You are not alone.
I am presently "experiencing some delays..... or continue to hold for the next operator" after getting through, with great difficulty, to their non-support department. After explaining that I was phoning as requested to make arrangement for the collection of my broken computer and delivery of a replacement I was put on hold......................................... That was 52 minutes ago. Is this a record?
No?
How about 1 hour? ......Its difficult for me to type and hold the phone to my ear at the same time so It took me that time to do this message.

MESH Support 12:10 22 May 2006

Hi corg,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the recent service you have received.

I've tried looking for your email in all the inbox's I have access to but have not been able to find your it. For your own peace of mind, could you send another copy of it to me directly via [email protected]

I beleive I know who you are though as we rarely get this type of issue but without certainty I can't really advise what the current stage is, save to say that if you receive the monitor damaged then it is unlikely that we would refuse to refund/replace the item for you. We would however need to have an inspection of the faulty item carried out first as per the requirements of our courier when making a claim. This is what is likely to have caused delay and for that I apologise.

If you could email me as requested this would be a great help to getting towards resolving this matter for you.

Davey

MESH Support 12:14 22 May 2006
  CliffP 12:27 22 May 2006

is the MESH pc I ordered about a year ago (apart from a loose Gfx card when delivered) has worked perfectly ever since... I'm VERY happy with it.

And Davey is good...

corg 12:36 22 May 2006

Hi Davey

Thanks for your speedy reply, we were REFUSED a refund and a replacement for the damaged monitor from Mesh verbally by Priti and Mickey Relic on more than two occasions. I have emailed Mickey and asked for a written reply by 2pm today to my email that asks him to put in writing his claims. Although we know our consumer rights this doesn't seem to be recognised by Mesh. It is good to know that you are on the case, but is this because this is written in a public forum?

The email sent to Mickey can be seen on the forum-but I will email it to you again.

Please note the monitor has been replaced directly by the manufacture who have been fantastic and put Mesh to shame, this has been done by us calling them and nothing what so ever to do with Mesh, who have not solved the problem and still state that we are to blame.

Does Tony Ricardo-one of your Directors know about his companies poor customer service and the fact they will lose customers? We have tried to keep him informed, but Mickey Relic has provided Mr Ricardo's email address to us wrong twice.

Thanks

Suzie

corg 15:08 22 May 2006

Hi cliffP

This was my second Mesh computer, which is why I am so surprised we are being treated this way.

Good Luck!

Forum Editor 19:04 22 May 2006

in a separate thread - keep any comments here, in this one.

corg 00:01 23 May 2006

..Mesh have not replied to my email today, Mickey Relic called but as I find it hard to trust what is said verbally we asked him to email us with answers, still waiting, and as you may have guessed we still haven't received a written reply to our initial letter, or infact any compensation or the promised refund for the delivery. They don't seem to care that we are willing to take legal action against them. I urge everyone to always sign for a delivery as 'unchecked' whether it be from Mesh or anyone else, although I have never experienced this accusing behaviour from any other supplier when goods have been delivered damaged. Some one seriously needs to sort out Mesh's after sale service before they lose even more customers,and perhaps their business.
Suzie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?