Less impressed with Dell now

MichelleC 14:19 07 Jul 2006

Ok, the honeymoon with my Dimention 3100c is over. I'm finding out Dell makes their parts to different sizes than everyone else. I had to hacksaw my firewire card to get it to fit (but it works), can't even find the hd (physically) as it's hidden somewhere. I can't upgrade the ram (ram from other pc doesn't fit the slots) as Dell site doesn't have my model to be able to order online. I emailed support and to their credit a guy from India rang to help. He then wanted my cc details over the phone which I didn't give. I told him to email me but he hasn't.
It's still a good little pc, but these niggly things are just so irritating.

MichelleC 15:08 07 Jul 2006

Okay, I've ordered ram but it took me an hour. Apparently this model was 1st marketed in japan and that's why they haven't got the online facilities to order yet (?).

spuds 17:51 07 Jul 2006

I think that you will find, Dell machines are built with Dell in mind regarding upgrading. The same thing applies to additionals like printers, which are rebadged products but modified to fit Dell 'brand' sales products.

anskyber 18:07 07 Jul 2006

I have a Dell and the user manual explains how to get into the case and identifies all the main components. Try yours you should find the HD that way. As for memory, click here you will find that Dell are catered for very well. If you have tried RAM from another PC it may well not fit the slot, it would not with other manufacturers as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?