Lenovo rubbish computer. Future action...

puma22 22:44 02 Apr 2017

Hi, I purchased a Lenovo thinkpad yoga 260 almost a year ago. Within a few weeks, I started having trouble with it. Small glitches such as screen rotation not working. I had to return it to them and they changed out the motherboard.

I had dreadful problems getting them to pay the carriage costs and had to take it to the consumer ombudsman to get it resolved. They eventually paid up.

Now, a week shy of the 12 month guarantee being up, the keyboard is broken so they have asked me to return it again (I know I'm going to have a fight on my hands getting this refunded).

My question is, I've now lost faith in this laptop (and Lenovo as a brand - I've always bought dell and never had a failed computer) and am convinced that something will break once it's outside of the guarantee. So, im looking for preemptive advice on whether I have any rights once the guarantee has expired, especially given that it has broken twice.

Burn-it 15:21 03 Apr 2017

The key words are "fit for purpose" but the burden of proof changes with age.

puma22 20:22 03 Apr 2017

Thanks burn-it.
I'm ok with it if it now turns out to be reliable but am concerned that once it is out of guarantee, they will just shrug if it breaks again. I understand that the new consumer legislation is a little strengthened in terms of rights

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone