Lenovo Laptops have you got one

sunnystaines 13:19 10 Nov 2014

With my samsung out of action I am hoping to exchange it to a Lenovo of similar spec.

Any one had one can comment on them good or bad any tips etc. Just a bit worried as they are chinnese make and woried about poor quality.

spuds 14:08 10 Nov 2014

"Lenovo Laptops have you got one"

Yep, the G700 from Argos, a fairly recent purchase. Well satisfied with it, excluding the W8.1 already installed.

Lenovo might be Chinese, but isn't about everything else nowadays. With Lenovo come a fairly good pedigree, and you may well find previous household names are already stablemates with the Lenovo brand.

This is the Lenovo G700 laptop I purchased from Argos click here

sunnystaines 16:47 10 Nov 2014

spuds thanks, rang nearest store about exchange could not get a proper answer so will have to wait till i can get there with my duff one.

have you noticed there is a lack of dvd players on laptops these days, must be a pain to keep plugging in an external each time you watch a dvd movie sat in a comfy armchair. or on a flight.

what software comes with lenovo do they have their own software that will update drivers, repair disk, etc

Forum Editor 18:32 10 Nov 2014

I have had three Lenovo ThinkPads. They are known for their build quality and reliability. All of mine have been excellent machines.

spuds 19:52 10 Nov 2014

sunnystaines

The G700 comes with DVD, but no software. Just the laptop and mains power supply unit. I was able to downloaded a very good user manual for that product.

BRYNIT 00:02 11 Nov 2014

sunnystaines

I think DVD drives are on there way out I haven't used the DVD on my computer for a while as It's easier to have several films on a USB flash drive than carry a box of DVD's. It's also easier and quicker to use a USB drive to reinstall windows.

sunnystaines 15:33 11 Nov 2014

thank you all for the feedback.

sunnystaines 15:34 11 Nov 2014

how do you copy dvd fims to a usb stick, i thought they were all encrypted to stop this.

sunnystaines 17:38 12 Nov 2014

visited the store today and saw lenovo laptops on display rather than on the net. Was very disappointed the cases were all horriblke cheap black plastic which was flimsey I could see a risk of the case flexing and damaging the motherboard or its components, why on earth put good quality spec in such a cheap case? was put off them what a let down.

Woolwell 21:38 12 Nov 2014

Surprised by your feelings about Lenova as they have a good reputation. They started with the old IBM ThinkPad range.

I have an ASUS and like its build quality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone