Learndirect

season8 20:05 14 Dec 2006

Has anyone done a course through learndirect & if so are they any good?

jimmybond 20:29 14 Dec 2006

from their website - "learndirect courses aren't actually qualifications as such, but many have been designed as part of learning programmes that cover the syllabuses of popular qualifications"

i.e. if you're looking at a PC course, it won't do anything in terms of enhancing your CV, or making an employer look at you more favourably.

I took Sun's Java programmer/developer/web developer exams a few years back. There are plenty of places offering intensive Java courses to prepare you for these - however, I found it just as easy (and several grand cheaper cheaper), to buy half a dozen books, and work my way through some of the numerous, and free, online examples & questions.

Jackcoms 21:01 14 Dec 2006

"Has anyone done a course through learndirect & if so are they any good?"

Yes and Yes. Although you don't say what type of course you have in mind - they have a wide range.

snowy30 00:47 15 Dec 2006

I have done a couple of courses through them, though with some courses you would only gain the basic knowledge - computing courses especially.

Learndirect courses are good if you just want to learn a topic rather than acheiving a qualification, it can be fun too. I enjoyed it!

For the length of certain courses there is not enough time to cram any in-depth knowledge of interest, so they would only give you the basic knowledge - its best to go to a college for in-depth learning.

The A+ exam courses, however, are not courses where you be taking the exam at the end of it, they just courses that will prepare you for the exam - the A+ exam will be only available through your local college.

The Brigadier 12:15 16 Dec 2006

They offer some good courses, well worth having a look @.

Stuartli 14:49 16 Dec 2006

Have you also considered the Open University?

click here

jimmybond 14:49 16 Dec 2006

I'm sure they offer great courses, but are they really worth the extra you pay, when compared to buying a decent book, and using free resources on the internet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?