LCD Monitor Question again thanks!!!

Chrisann 13:01 01 Dec 2006

As I am going to replace my old Monitor on the old desktop Packard Bell Model with a LCD Monitor..I tried my HP LCD Screen to see if it would connect. It has the sae blue connector and pins but it will not go all the way in the Packard Bell Processor. Now what do I do as I was going out this weekend to get another one..but now now not sure if any will fit..and getting a screen home to find it won't will be a pain.

Any ideas.

Chrisann.

Totally-braindead 13:06 01 Dec 2006

Not trying to be funny or anything but I thought there was only 2 connectors that were used. A VGA one which is usually blue and the DVI interface one which looks completely different. Are you sure that you have been trying the correct socket?

JJCUK 13:07 01 Dec 2006

check as well you have not bent any of the pins in the connector?

jamyjamy 13:34 01 Dec 2006

VGA connection: click here

DVI connection: click here

Chrisann 13:43 01 Dec 2006

Its a VGA Connection for both screens..blue,,looks the same but when I try to insert it into the Packard Bell cponnection on the processor it won't go all the way in..the pins of the VGA connector for the LCD Screen won't screw in at all...I tried but to no avail..but I am trying to connect in the same place etc. It looks like it will fit but it doesn't. The only slight difference is that the VGA on the Packard Bell screen is slightly fatter ..if this means anything. So not sure if any will fit now. Can't physically take the processor with me to try can I..?

Chrisann...

jamyjamy 13:48 01 Dec 2006

Why not? - sure u can take it and ask stuff in shop to check the compatibility with your computer.

Totally-braindead 13:49 01 Dec 2006

Wish I could help but I'm at a loss. I've only ever seen these 2 connectors used. If you're sertain you are using the correct socket on the PC. Do you still have the old monitor about? Can you compare it to the other monitor? Does the old monitor still work and if so can you try plugging it back in.

Totally-braindead 13:49 01 Dec 2006

setain = certain

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?