LCD Image

iqs 17:52 22 Aug 2006

Hello.
I was looking at a number of HD LCD Ready TV's this morning.My plan was to purchase one which I could connect with my Pc.

Found a model with the right connectors,but was concerned with the quality of the picture.I noticed that there was blurring of the image, ghosting and at times a residual picture.

I observed the same on my sisters TV as well.Is this usual with these TV's?.If yes I will stick with my Sony 24" w/s.

Here from you soon.Thanks

anskyber 18:03 22 Aug 2006

Sounds like a poor signal problem to me. If you are using any built in freeview tuner (or box) the signal needs to be strong and you could need a new wideband aerial. (ideally replace the cabling from it to the tv as well)

Ranger 21:53 22 Aug 2006

my son has his pc attached to a LCD tv, the picture is awful, fine with TV though, that said he has only just connected it to it in the last couple of days and maybe has to tweek some things

Totally-braindead 22:37 22 Aug 2006

I was looking at TVs last week as mine stopped working. Saw a nice Sanyo 21" LCD at a good price but the picture was all blurry so I didn't buy it.
I did see a cracking one connected up to a computer at a show. It was a cheap make but the picture was fantastic, no ghosting at all. Unfortunatly I can't remember what make it was. I'll ask my mate tonight if he recalls what make it was and if he recalls I'll post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?