Latest version of Malwarebytes available.

rdave13 18:38 11 May 2017
Answered

Click here . Version 3.1.2.1733 if yours hasn't automatically updated.

lotvic 21:46 11 May 2017

Thanks, getting it now.

lotvic 22:07 11 May 2017

I've read the blog click here does this mean if I decide to buy I don't necessarily need Avast anti-virus anymore (Buy the Premium upgraded Malwarebytes, real time as opposed to the Free manual scan version it will revert to after 14 days). The blog, if I understand properly states:

we continue to support compatibility if you choose to use a third-party antivirus or other security software alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

so it appears to say that it is possible to have 2 antivirus programs running at same time.

Govan1x 22:22 11 May 2017

Don't think Malwarebytes is an anti virus program more like an anti malware program.

Govan1x 22:27 11 May 2017

Oops never noticed this. MAKES ANTIVIRUS OBSOLETE.

I would still run an antivirus program with it. I have done so for years and never had any problems with it.

rdave13 16:41 12 May 2017

Lotvic , I've been lucky by buying 'Lifetime' licences for Malwarebytes before it became a yearly subscription. So I have Pro on four laptops. Since version 3 I've got rid of all AVs except for one. My main laptop and an insider one both run Pro and Defender only. An old single core laptop (insider again) runs with just Malwarebytes. However my daughter's laptop runs Pro and Panda AV. The reason for Panda is it will always ask to scan an external USB drive when it's connected. Her flash drive travels to and from school and between friends.

If I was running Malwarebytes just as a scanner then I would still be running a free AV with it.

Menzie 17:26 12 May 2017

I run Malwarebytes with a virus scanner myself.

These days the most likely attacks are likely to be malware, I like that Malwarebytes can happily coexist with other software.

rdave13 17:59 12 May 2017

Default setting in Malwarebytes, Defender is running.

Changing the option to this and Malwarebytes becomes the AV with Defender disabling itself.

The last setting I use on the old laptop.

lotvic 23:23 12 May 2017

rdave13, many thanks, that's very helpful. At the moment I'm running 14 day free trial of Premium Malwarebytes and still running Free Avast. There don't seem to be any problems so will continue with that whilst I decide what to do in 2 weeks time.

I notice that it says 'Ransomeware Protection: On' that is reassuring considering today's news.

Govan1x 10:09 13 May 2017

If you are thinking of buying Malwarebytes I believe you can still buy the lifetime licence. Either that or you have to renew it every year if you don't.

Thanks rdave13 I updated mine yesterday.

martd7 11:11 13 May 2017

Thanks rdave 13 I will update mine today,I hope the pc slowdown and program response is improved as the update claims to do

•Faster Malwarebytes 3 program startup time and responsiveness of user interface

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires