laptopshop.co.uk, anyone used them??

Viv-208691 14:33 13 Nov 2004

Hi there, Ive found a particularly good deal on a Sony laptop Im interested in at click here Has anyone bought from them befora and if so good/bad service??

Stuartli 15:28 13 Nov 2004

No, but have used click here which is based in my area of the country and does new and pre-used laptops, along with accessories, spares and repairs.

My daughter obtained her year-old Toshiba Satellite from them at half the original price and with the balance of the three-year warranty.

About a year after buying it, the screen died the death and Toshiba met the £600 cost of repairs and screen replacement without quibble.

Viv-208691 15:36 13 Nov 2004

ok, thanks but i want a specific model from that website. cheers for your help though.

Anyone used click here

Viv-208691 15:36 13 Nov 2004

ok, thanks but i want a specific model from that website. cheers for your help though.

Anyone used click here

Chris the Ancient 21:04 13 Nov 2004

Yup. I used them about a year ago and I found them dead helpful.

I ordered just before Christmas because I wanted to take my 'new' 2nd hand ThinkPad on holiday. I got it in 24 hours.

The battery died (fortunately before I left), so I phoned up, explained what was happening with it and my desperate need to get back up and running before heading off to a sunnier climate for a couple of weeks.

After a bit of discussion with the service department, and describing all the symptoms, they agreed that the battery did seem to have gone down. Normally, they said, I should send the battery back, they would check it. And if faulty they would send a replacement. But, as I had only just got the lappie, they would send me a replacement battery and I could send the old one back "when convenient".

The replacement battery arrived by datapost the following morning. And I sent the dead 'un back by return. I also phoned up to thank them for the service. They seemed to think that what they had done was quite normal!

So...

I got good service from laptopshop!

HTH

CtA

Viv-208691 23:25 13 Nov 2004

Ok, great, I will take your advice and order on Monday!!

Any more feedback would be great.

Cheers now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?