laptopsdirect (? )

jarani 15:25 25 Jul 2007

I want to buy from this company online a toshiba laptop - good price ! - anyone with experience good/bad/indifferent please - regards - jarani

holme 16:23 25 Jul 2007

Bought a monitor from them in Feb 2007. Paid for next working day delivery. Ordered mid-afternoon, delivered before mid-day next day. You can't ask for more than that. Charged 0.95% surcharge for credit card (as advised) but still cheapest. HTH.

Al94 16:47 25 Jul 2007

A friend of mine bought an Acer from them last year - all good, no problems.

Why wont it work 16:54 25 Jul 2007

One of my laptops came from them. Both the service and price excellent! You shouldn't go wrong with them.

jarani 18:01 25 Jul 2007

thanks guys - it is good to have your views - some of the views expressed elsewhere were not very good - that's why I asked the question - jarani

Chris the Ancient 18:05 25 Jul 2007

Bought a laptop off them about three years ago. It was quite an old IBM Thinkpad - but that was all I could afford at the time.

Great service. Mine was second-user and still had a warranty from laptopsdirect - which, theoretically, wasn't supposed to cover the battery. Needless to say, the battery failed in a couple of weeks. Phoned them and they suggested discharge and recharge reforming and I told them that I had tried that already, with no success; and they accepted that. They put another in the post, 1st class recorded which I received the next day and a request to just send the old one back when I had a moment (which I did).

Me? Happy bunny with them!

BTW, that lappie has been superseded with a new novatech one; but as soon as I have a few moments to spare, I shall replace the CMOS battery in the old Thinkpad and pass it on to a deserving charity - or similar.

johnem 23:26 29 Jul 2007

Bought a Toshiba laptop from them in September 2005. It arrived on the day promised and the helpdesk were most helpful with a small setup problem that I had created.

Taff™ 06:49 30 Jul 2007

Another good company to deal with Jarani - I`ve recommended them to several people and use them myself. Like your enquiry about CCL in a previous post, they normally deliver via City Link and next day without opting for the guaranteed next day delivery.

jarani 20:51 30 Jul 2007

I ordered from CCL who provided an excellent service with a good trace throughout - I was not so happy with laptopsdirect after talking to their sales staff - jarani

Star_Buyer 13:44 13 Sep 2007

I have used LaptopsDirect for many years now and they are superb. The price and service is really good - what more can you ask for? I live in Huddersfield and they are just down the road from me in a huge warehouse facility and loads of buzzing staff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone