Laptop Screens

Esso43 13:55 11 Jun 2004

Any views (or good web pages) on LAptop screens and which are the best ones for out door use.

I am not thinking about tough books but when the sun is shining and I would like to sit outside and do some work.

My current machine is a Dell Inspiron 8200 and although good in most ways outside use is not very good unless it is quite dark and cloudly (then I don't want to sit outside because it may rain).

Any pointers welcome.

Esso43 15:23 15 Jun 2004

bounce

wee eddie 16:07 15 Jun 2004

to keep direct sunlight off it.

A little of the Blue Peter's are needed, some paper, board and tape should do the trick. The problem being that the sun is quite powerful, even when it's overcast.

computernerdiamnot 11:01 16 Jun 2004

Funny enough i use the tecqnique that wee eddie suggested. Because the screens are LCD you will find this problem on all laptops also for precaution you should not use your laptop in direct sunlight. And here is one i made earlier
click here

computernerdiamnot 11:39 16 Jun 2004

My one is made out of a cardboard box and i got the kids to decorate it. (Garden use)

My Niece is making me one out of some dark material with some bendy wire a bit like the collapsable fishing nets/shopping bags so that i can use when out so that it will fit in my laptop bag.

wee eddie 12:48 16 Jun 2004

and a little sticky tape.

Easy to make - folds flat - is the same area as the laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?