Laptop for her in doors

steven_frost 22:40 13 Dec 2006

Hi All,
I want to buy her a cheap laptop for xmas as her school laptop has died and wont be replaced so i'm looking for a cheap replacement all it needs to do is allow her to do her work on and must have wirless in built so she can se the web and also use the printer any ideas

PC World have this on offer click here which is a very good deal. You can choose free delivery or the collect at store option.

The hard drive is small (40GB) by to todays standards but if it's going to be used mainly for homework it should be adequate.

Dizzy Bob 09:17 14 Dec 2006

If you can stretch to it, the Advent 7111 (next one up from [email protected]'s suggestion, gets you dual Core processor, double the hard drive, and free windows vista upgrade. click here=

The first one will do what you want, but the second is better 'future-proofed'

DB

steven_frost 21:18 14 Dec 2006

I'll most likely go for the 2nd laptop not to worried about being future proofed as the school is using windows XP Pro so upgrading her to vista is not hot on the list for her

woodchip 21:58 14 Dec 2006

On TV the Laptop is Advertized at £299 at PCworld

woodchip 22:03 14 Dec 2006

Just got this Mail check it out.

click here

Hawy 22:16 14 Dec 2006
  Portly 22:31 14 Dec 2006

Hawy. I spotted that one earlier. Why advertise something that you can't supply ? Would they like you to buy the next one up methinks.

Hawy 23:18 14 Dec 2006

Thought it was too good to be true :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?