Laptop for design programs.

Mowg 19:57 18 Jul 2009

Hi guys, just wondering if I could get some advice on what laptop is best for me to get?

I am looking for one to primarily use design programmes such as AutoCad, VectorWorks, and Photoshop. Will also be using the internet but mainly for design.

Battery life isn't too important. Screen size 15"-16"

However, I ideally don't want to spend more than £600-£700. I'm just looking for the best possible machine for my money.

Any help would be very gratefully received, cheers.

Forum Editor 20:06 18 Jul 2009

you should aim for the fastest processor and maximum RAM combination you can afford. You will also find that using a 64bit version of Windows will help, provided your software is 64 bit compatible. If you do run a 64bit Windows version you'll need to ensure that you can get 64 bit drivers for any peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.) that you'll use.

Mowg 21:06 18 Jul 2009

Are there any certain models which someone could recommend?

OTT_Buzzard 00:01 19 Jul 2009

Starter for 10....

click here

Top end of your budget, but has 4GB DDR2-800 RAM, 2.0GHz processor, 800MHz FSB, reasonable dedicated graphics card (HD 3470), wireless n and a whole host of other features.

It comes with Vista Business 32bit, but microsoft offer a bit-swap service which I would assume that you can use to change to 64 bit for a nominal fee. I say 'assume' - you can certainly swap from 64bit to 32 bit so you should be able to do it the other way round!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?