Laptop 14.1inch screen - HP or Sony?

Daibus 19:07 08 Jun 2006

I`m thinking of buying a 14.1inch screen laptop and have been looking at the Hewlett Packard DV1600 (duel core) series and also the Sony Vaio FJ3S/W.
Any opinions which would be the favourite one to go for out of these two?

I would also I would like to be able to run Windows Vista when it`s realeased, so would the integrated Intel graphics card be sufficient for this purpose?

Further suggestions of other models that you favour would be very helpfull.

Many thanks.

Jimmy14 20:30 08 Jun 2006

I don't think that the Intel Integrated graphics will be suitable for Vista especially as its not dedicated graphics and 128mb at least for it to run the Vista Aero theme.
Read more about the minimum spec for vista when its released, here
click here

I think that you can get a lot better laptop with a dual core processor and a good graphics card combined which will definitely run vista when it is launched.

Does it have to be a 14" because there is good 15.4" widescreen laptops out there, with dual core processors, dedicated 256mb graphics cards and quite cheap at the price

ade.h 21:09 08 Jun 2006

I can't remember if the FJ3S is the one that has both an integrated chip and a dedicated graphics card. I got to try that out recently and I was impressed with it. You switch between the two via a keyboard button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?