lan card...

skaria 22:48 19 May 2004

i currently have 802.11b lan card with wireless card
has anyone got 54g or 802.11g . is it worth upgrading

skaria 00:14 06 Jan 2005

h

jerichobob 12:26 06 Jan 2005

I bought the BT2100-63 Router and card from PCW the other week. Straightforward install and nice and secure with the built in firewall. Works a treat - especially with my sons X-box plugged directly into one of the ethernet ports in the back of the router for X-box live! I can now use my laptop anywhere in the house. The router has another 3 free ethernet ports and can support up to 10 wireless computers - so potentially a network of 14. Don't think I'll be using all of those!!!! I would recommend this set-up for novices due to the ease of installation but you could probably get a similair thing for a little less money. A friend of mine has a Belkin set-up with 1 desktop - hardwired - and 2 laptops on wireless. He has a bigger family than me. The only problem he has had was with the initial set-up when he had difficulty getting the laptops to play. The desktop was fine from the off. His system has a built in firewall too - and I believe that it is also 128 bit encryption. A friend at work, who knows considerably more about computers than me, also has the BT kit and says that it is the easiest to get up and running.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

jerichobob 12:27 06 Jan 2005

Sorry, forgot to say that yes it is worth upgrading. Everything happens much more quickly.

skaria 12:51 06 Jan 2005

thanks
i will do so

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?