Kodak Easyshare C623

Aspman 15:57 04 Apr 2007

We bought this at the weekend as a quick replacement (going on holiday very soon) for a suddenly non-functioning elderly Kodak 3MP.

We were just looking for a very basic point and click digital with a minimum of option. Much like the old one which had worked well.

It was cheap £80 and we just bought over the counter at Currys.

On getting the camera home we found it takes the most atrocious pictures in anything but very bright light. The old camera was not good in low light but would take good snaps in the house under lamps with the flash on. The new camera produces very grainy and lined pictures in the same conditions. Any bright light sources in the picture seem to refract and have an echo in the picture.

We were very disappointed by the camera and we're hoping to return it and purchase something a little more expensive in the hope it will work properly. Not quite sure what our rights are with something which is not broken, though I would claim it's not fit for purpose with the shots it has taken so far.

Some reviews have agreed that the picture quality is poor in all but very bright lighting. So beware this cheap deal in Currys and spend a little more.

pj123 18:24 04 Apr 2007

Well, according to the Spec:

"6.1 million pixels
3x Optical Zoom
5x Digital Zoom
2.4" LCD Screen
ISO Range 80-1250
20 Shooting Modes
SD MMC Memory Type
Software Supplied
AA Battery Type
Kodak Perfect Touch Technology"

there shouldn't be any problem at all with the quality.

I am still using a very old Nikon 2.2million pixels and it takes really high quality pictures.

I do have another 3.1mp (Minolta Z1) camera and that also takes high quality pictures.

I have printed up to 6" x 9" from the Nikon and up to A4 from the Minolta.

josie mayhem 20:29 04 Apr 2007

I've got the C623 and find that it take perfect pitcures in house, using the flash...

I would take it back to curry's and explain what happening and see if you can try another one as it sounds like there could be a problem with the camera itself and not quality of the model!

Most of my pictures I print via the docking printer... but I find no real lose of quality if Im printing via my epson r200!

Aspman 09:16 05 Apr 2007

Currys denied anything was wrong with the camera and didn't want to offer an exchange, the GF waved their own customer charter at them and they suddenly changed their mind.

She opted to buy a Canon Ixus 70 (at a vastly inflated price but I've kept my mouth shut to keep the peace). It's an ugly little camera but the pictures from it are very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?