Kodak all in one printer 5300

hymerman 10:50 28 Oct 2007

Now waiting on my second one to be replaced, two have now failed to work, there seems to be a fault with the print head.
I think it is a big headache to Kodak, they seem to expect to hear what problem you have. Has anyone else experienced trouble?

spuds 12:55 28 Oct 2007

Is the printer actually manufactured by Kodak or a re-badged version, from another main stream manufacturer?.

Totally-braindead 13:40 28 Oct 2007

Reading a review it does appear to be made by Kodak and not a rebadged Lexmark or whatever spuds.
Reading this it appears hymerman is not alone - quote from a website from another user"
I do not have a problem with the quality of the photos as with the printing of text with the black ink.Kodak is sending me a third printhead for my 5300 model. It refuses to print text in black after a period of time. After printing about 12 photos and 6 text papers,i'm on my third print head and second ink supply. They keep telling me that it is just the print head. When I ask if this is a problem with their printers they change the subject,like I shouldn't ask such a question. I personally think they have some problem they are hiding. I have had Canon,HP and Lexmark without any problems like this. " So he has had 3 printheads so far.
I must admit that this comment and one other who had one printhead replacement were the only ones I could find.
The only other faults I could see was something to do with the installation software which has probably been resolved.
Is it a fault with the printer? I don't know but after 3 replacements I would be concerned.
I hope Kodak have extended the guarantee of the replacement printheads at least, otherwise if another fails outside the warranty period you might find its not economic to repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017