Keyboard + Mouse... How hard can it be?

andytomp 13:10 09 Apr 2004

Looking down at my keyboard and mouse the other day I realised that the nicotine stained plastic probably wasn't the best image for clients... So, hey, let's go wireless!

Got a Belkin Keyboard and Mouse but it's useless... Keyboard seems to 'stick' and no and again the mouse movement is so shakey it's a beast to control.

Is this normal for wireless? Either way, I don't trust it (had similar problems with a wireless mouse for my laptop)... so anyone know of a good WIRED keyboard and mouse, something solid feeling?

€dstowe 14:13 09 Apr 2004

Many years ago I waas given a Microsoft "Natural" keyboard - the one with a curved layout. After an hour or so learning how to use it, I wouldn't now be without it. Far less cramp in the fingers and wrists using this.

As for a mouse, I use a MS "Intellimouse Explorer" which I go free with my copy of Office XP.

Neither of these are wireless - just reliable.

Regarding nicotine stains, the only way to avoid them is to stop smoking but, you know that already, don't you. Try!!

€d

byfordr 14:32 09 Apr 2004

If you want wireless there is really only one way to go! click here Superb! Keyboard batteries last forever. Mouse lasts about a week off its cradle.

R

Stuartli 14:44 09 Apr 2004

Any good household all purpose cleaner will get rid of nicotine stains - cheapest version is the Mr Muscle Orange if bought in a bottle and the conents diluted as required with water.

An discarded spray bottle can be used to house the diluted version.

Stuartli 14:56 09 Apr 2004

Use the solution on a cloth - don't spray it all over your keyboard...:-)

It's also good for cleaning the monitor and system cases.

andytomp 15:17 09 Apr 2004

It's a really clackly old keyboard though, so I think it's destined to die no matter how much I try and scrub it up. I've got through three computers but only one keyboard!

I'm not a touch typist, got m' own method, so I don't think I'll get on those 'split' jobs?

So any good 'wired', not 'split' keyboards?

Hornblower 15:32 09 Apr 2004

...the £20 wireless keyboard and mouse from Aldi.

I know you want to go back to wireless, but at 20 quid with 3 years warranty, you can't go wrong.

I was in the same boat as you and wanted wireless so I went to Aldi and bought a set. What can I say? It works well. The mouse is optical which makes it more responsive than the Microsoft cordless I was using, and the keyboard feels good (and isn't split), can't tell you about the battery usage yet though...

I'm sure the set that byfordr recommends is excellent, I dunno about you but I 'aint got that sort of money to use!

Hornblower 15:33 09 Apr 2004

I should have said, "Don't" want to go back to wireless!

alan227 16:06 09 Apr 2004

I have been using a Logitech wired keyboard and a wired Logitech optical mouse for 12 months now with no problems. The keyboard has a nice solid feel and the mouse is precise.

andytomp 16:12 09 Apr 2004

alan, is there just the one brand for logitech? Cheers, I'll check that out.

alan227 16:46 09 Apr 2004

click here
Have a look at this link it will not break the bank.
My ketboard is the Internet Navigator but I do not now if they still make that one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone