keyboard buying advice

Daxsimus 23:47 17 Nov 2004

Hi,
I want to buy a really good keyboard not bothered if it is wireless or not. Any suggestions? I have been looking at click here
Anyone got it and is it any good? Any other suggestions greatly welcome.
Thanks Dax.

steve263000 05:54 18 Nov 2004

Not that I am here to advertise another mag, but this link might help. click here
Plenty of reviews on Keyboards there.

Kate B 00:32 19 Nov 2004

If you like them, you can use Apple's wired keyboards on a Windows machine - I do, because I like the touch of it.

hugh-265156 01:35 19 Nov 2004

microsoft or logitech keyboards are usually all top quality even basic models are good. spending more gets more features so its up to you if you need them.

i did read somewhere recently that this microsoft keyboard had a bug in the software that meant you needed to unplug the usb connection and then plug it in again when the computer was turned off and back on again. microsoft are supposed to be working on a fix for this. cannot remember where i read that sorry.

hugh-265156 01:39 19 Nov 2004

more info click here

961 10:39 19 Nov 2004

I have a Logitech and it's fine. Microsoft are also good. Most keyboards these days work well, even the £5 jobs, but I would suggest that you use a cabled model, because it is usually no inconvenience to do so and past experience tells me that if it's going to go wrong then nine times out of ten it's the wireless bit that causes trouble

Daxsimus 14:23 19 Nov 2004

Thanks for all the advise. I think I'll stick with microsoft or logitech. Just a bit worried about the bug on the microsoft one will have to see if they have fixed it yet. I do remember seeing one that had an LCD display on it but cant find it again.

Stuartli 14:52 19 Nov 2004

If you go to the A4Tech website click here and look through the various keyboard and mouse offerings, you will very likely spot its models that are rebranded by other major companies.

Sometimes the A4Tech offering is cheaper than the rebranded and vice versa.

My Typhoon Navigator wireless keyboard and mouse cost £19.99, £20 cheaper than the same setup offered by Trust; both are rebranded from A4Tech.

Stuartli 17:59 20 Nov 2004

Further to above - Aldi is offering a wireless keyboard and mouse for £15 from next Thursday:

click here

Stuartli 18:03 20 Nov 2004

The Scart leads pack at £5.99 is terrific value - I got one last time it was on offer. 10 metres leads by the way...:-)

Forum Editor 19:14 20 Nov 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?