kaspersky security suite

polish 19:17 07 Jul 2008

does anyone have any experience of kaspersky iam currently using mcafee which seems ok i bank with barclays and they are offering kaspersky for free

smokingbeagle 19:31 07 Jul 2008

I've been KIS for the past 18 months and I am quite happy with. I have it on 2 PCs and a laptop. Easy to understand interface, quickish scanning and not (yet) bloatware though I have read that the beta version of KIS 8 is bloated.

I have in the past used Norton, Panda, Avast and AVG and I would rate KIS the highest of the lot.

Woolwell 23:00 07 Jul 2008

Used to have McAfee on 3 PC's and switched to Kaspersky which requires less resources and seems a better program. Take the offer.

Kemistri 23:17 07 Jul 2008

I have had a couple of fairly minor issues with KIS, specifically components of the firewall. One was a bug, for which I found a workaround off my own back after Kaspersky failed to come up with a solution; the other is just plain bad design.

Apart from those caveats, it's a strong firewall and it's pretty workable once you get your head around its way of doing things. It's coupled with an absolutely great AV that often leads lab tests. The only time that I ever see a performance drain is during the update phase, when any other apps cannot load promptly.

My PCs are split between KIS and NOD32, but I cannot recommend NOD32 if you want an all-in-one because the firewall has been shown to be weak. I use the AV only and match it with Comodo or Jetico. If you want just one package, go with KIS.

jakimo 00:33 08 Jul 2008

If its free and version 7 then get it,you shouldn't look a gift horse in the face

961 10:56 08 Jul 2008

I changed to Kaspersky with the aid of the Barc offer. Apart from anything else the offer is valid for 3 computers which suits me fine

Previously I was using Zone Alarm Pro and Avast Virus together with Spyware Doctor...The Kaspersky works well and seems to find anything nasty as well as using far less in the way of computer resources

polish 14:57 08 Jul 2008

thanks everyone for replys think i will give it ago sometime over the next few days

polish 13:46 12 Jul 2008

i installed kaspersky and iam quiet impressed with it computer and internet are faster and the program is easy to use and has alot of features which you can set to your own settings.

smokingbeagle 15:03 12 Jul 2008

Note that you can upgrade for free to the 2009 version as reviewed
click here

Download from the Kaspersky site.
click here

You will then have to uninstall the previous version without deleting the licence key (provision in the uninstaller package)before installing the new version.

polish 22:02 12 Jul 2008

thanks smokingbeagle i have already upgraded which went just as smoothly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?