Just a quick thank you

Fidius 23:44 09 Dec 2008

Well after scouring the net trying to decide who should get my hard earned cash for my next gaming system i was left with 2 choices the first being overclockers uk and the second was cougar extreme and as overclockers sales department was about as helpfull as a commuter train with no tracks i opted for cougar and i am glad i did.Although my pc was damaged in transit by the delivery firm it was promptly taken care of by patrick who came upto my house on the monday and returned the pc the following evening got me up and running and shared a coffee with me, i have purchased several gaming pc's from different companys on the net and this recent purchase has to be the best by far i simply cant hesitate to recommend these guys enough,my base unit cost me the best part of £1,100 but the service was worth alot more well done to everyone at cougar and well done on the pro build of my system and thanks to patrick for going that extra mile with after sales service.

Forum Editor 00:06 10 Dec 2008

and thank you for sharing your good experience with us. We see plenty of complaints about suppliers, and it's always good to hear that there are businesses out there who still know about good customer service.

curofone 00:11 10 Dec 2008

I only ever hear good things about cougar and when it comes round to my next pc if i do not build it myself i reckon they will be the people for me

tillybaby 07:36 10 Dec 2008

I am using a Cougar system this minute and will definitely use the company again. Their customer service is excellent and that goes a long way in my book.

Mike D 08:12 10 Dec 2008

I can only echo what tillybaby says and add that Patrick is the man!

iscanut 09:54 10 Dec 2008

Me too, a happy Cougar customer. They will get my business next time as well.

spuds 11:14 10 Dec 2008

Its great to hear recommendations of this kind, regarding a computer company in particular.

On a personal note, I haven't purchased a computer from this company, but I did contact them a few months ago about a possible purchase and query for a neighbour. Not sure who the person I had a conversation with, but I find their knowledge and help first class, with no 'talking down' to a customer attitude, which you find with some computer sale and service outlets nowadays.

Would I buy from Cougar, and the answer may well be yes, based on the previous experience, and what I read from other happy customers.

VNAM75 11:37 10 Dec 2008

I live about 2 miles from cougar but have never used them.

Are their prices as competitive as their (good) online rivals?

tigertop2 11:38 10 Dec 2008

Well said Fidius. It is great to hear the 'good service' stories. With firms going belly up all around we need to give the the firms still out there and working really hard at customer care every encouragement. I will put a desktop link to Cougar on my 'buying' page.

Chas49 12:06 10 Dec 2008

It is a refreshing change to see good companies appreciated.

Fidius: I hope you don't mind me adding a recommendation to your thread, rather than opening a new one. If this does then please accept my apologies in advance.

Novatech - I ordered Microsoft Office from them on Tuesday of this week (afternoon) and received it 10am on Wednesday thus fulfilling their next day delivery - this is the second time I have a satisfactory transaction with Novatech. Their 'Chat line' is also good.

harps1h 14:17 10 Dec 2008

I have have never used cougar but can testify to the proliferatiuon of recommendations they have received.

Chas49 I too have used Novatech and find their service top class

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie