John Lewis for computers? vs Tesco bargains!

blueser 23:38 18 Aug 2007

Re the tesco bargains thread..looked @JL and noticed a Toshiba ..well several actually..and not too far away from Tesco prices/ spec..and 2 year guarantees. As a John Lewis frequent flyer I must say I have never had poor treatment..they do what it says on the box..and if you want, you can take the box back to them.Also, knowledgeable staff. worth a click?
click here

Reet 13:01 19 Aug 2007

John Lewis,without a doubt, you can't beat them for service if anything goes wrong. Good luck Rita

phoenix198 23:25 19 Aug 2007

Have to agree with Reet - provided the initial price is competitive then the John Lewis service is excellent and the two year guarantee (five year on TVs) is well worth it.

jakimo 10:09 20 Aug 2007

I found John Lewis service abysmal,having placed an order with next day delivery,I waited in for three days,and although there was no evidence on my CCTV or any cards left advising of attempted delivery,the courier insisted he made several attempts to deliver,and then returned my order back to base.

I asked for the courier to describe my house but they did not want to go down that road,(or my road), that still did not stop them from charging me for delivery

Johnnie_M 11:26 20 Aug 2007

Surely the problem with your order is the courier, not with John Lewis?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?