Jessops - extraordinary service

jimmylove 10:22 11 Jan 2003
  jimmylove 10:22 11 Jan 2003

This is really cracking - download a small piece of free software from jessops.com which enables you to upload your digital pictures to their server. You then select what photos to upload, which size prints you want to order and enter your card details. I did this on Thursday afternoon. My photos arrived this morning looking fantastic. Even better they give you 10 free 7X5 prints when you sign up. And the other prints are cheap (34p for a 6X4 glossy). Oh why can't other merchants be like this??

Psiman 12:26 11 Jan 2003

I know this is not computer related, but queuing up at 9.00AM this morning at the Reading branch of Jessops (for a 9AM opening time) with the rest of the mugs, guess what?

9.20 still not open. Walked off with the rest of the mugs. One said he was going to spend a four figure sum , but would now go elsewhere.

jimmylove, I'm glad their web site gives better service than I recieved this morning.

lovelylel 12:43 11 Jan 2003

thanks for this, have downloaded the software and ordered some photos, let's see how they turn out. It is certainly simple enough, but without a BB connection the upload speed could be prohibitive. I am a fan of Jessops, my local branch has given me outstanding service before and this internet service sounds great too.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:18 11 Jan 2003

Good idea but my method is much cheaper. Copy the photos to a CD and use Irfanview (free) or similar to run a slideshow whenever you feel the need for nostalgia.

Do people still use paper stuck in a book for displaying their happy snaps? ;-))

G

Stuartli 18:41 11 Jan 2003

Some people still prefer you to give them pix, you may need them for driving licence and passport purposes or friends may not have the facilities to view them otherwise.

You can get a similar download service from, for instance dabexpose (click here) or click here

which includes printing not only on paper, but also on mugs, coasters, T-shirts etc.

astral traveller 22:37 11 Jan 2003

click here Don't know if this is a better deal than Jessops - I have used them and was very happy with results. Various options for sharing your photos online etc.

Stuartli 12:55 12 Jan 2003

20 pix of my ugly mug would be 19 too many for most people...:-)

oresome 16:06 12 Jan 2003

I've always had good service from Jessops.
Purchased a film scanner from York branch and the scsi card turned out to be faulty. Rang H.O. helpline the following day at the suggestion of the York store. They agreed the card was most likely at fault and asked me to return it to the store.
Explained I lived in Leeds and worked in Sheffield, but shopped in York sometimes.
No problem.........Checked the stock at the Sheffield store, confirmed they had one and asked if I minded going there to exchange it.
Called in and exchanged the scsi card and problem solved.

Also purchased heavyweight photo paper that was too heavy for the printer (280gms).
This was exchanged even though I'd opened it and used one sheet.

They seem to employ a lot of knowledgeable staff so you can get sensible answers.

Spencus 16:29 12 Jan 2003

GANDALF<|:)>

Long after cd/dvd players have become obsolete people will still be looking at their old snaps

Stuartli 17:43 12 Jan 2003

...plus transparencies, sepia and black and white fading prints and even having a play with a certain ancient box camera from a company formed in 1888...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?