JBL On Stage dock/speaker system for iPod

chrismuir 18:29 01 Oct 2005

Hi

Interested in anyones experience with one of these units. Bought one recently for use with my iPod at home, the first one deliverted developed a fault and got it replaced. The replacement had been working fine up until today (just over a month).

Now when i put the iPod into the dock it doesn't get a battery charge from the JBL (yet charges fine when i use the iPod charger), and whilst music plays fine on the iPod you can't hear anything through the JBL speakers.

The green power light on the back of the JBL comes on when I switch the unit on, so the unit is obviously getting power - just not connecting with the iPod for charging or music.

Had to switch off the circuit breaker to the wall electrical sockets this morning whilst doing some work on a plug socket - coincidence??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Chris

chrismuir 14:19 05 Oct 2005

Spoke to a technician at the service centre. His comment 'oh, we've got hundreds of them here' did little inspire confidence in the unit. Apparently the unit is controlled by a single chip which is susceptible to failure. As I've had two fail on me, I think I will be looking elsewhere for a new set of speakers rather than getting another replacement.

Any recommendations?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 21:18 05 Oct 2005

I don't have experience of any other iPod speaker systems, but I can wholly recommend the Logic3 i-Station at £39.99 inc. delivery from Amazon (click here).

I paid £50 for mine about 4 months ago, so this is a great price. The sound produced is very impressive for such a small unit and will adequately fill all but the largest of rooms.

I found out they're great for camping too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?