JAL Computers

wheatear9 22:54 20 Nov 2004

Jal computers bought a PC advisor recomneded system in September part of the sale was to provide Works suite. It never arrived (with the sysstem) and despite contacting them they have never provided this saying it is out of stock. It is freely available elsewhere and PC Advisor recommended this as an important selling point in the package. Any one else had problems with JAL not supplying?

Diodorus Siculus 10:20 21 Nov 2004

Have JAL indicated when / if they will supply the machine for you?

It might be a good idea to contact the magazine directly and express your concerns. The companies who put forward machines for review have to provide them as reviewed for a certain period of time. If they are failing in that, you may be able to get redress via the magazine.

For all queries regarding printed information in the magazine, please email [email protected]

click here

wheatear9 14:45 21 Nov 2004

2 months since they said they would send it when in stock. Emailed them and got short shrift (3 weeks ago send it when in stock again). I am happy with everything else and don't really need works suite but its the principle of being given poor service and being mis-lead by promises in specs.) I am contacting PC advisor about this as it was their recommend.

wheatear9 19:31 29 Nov 2004

It is now December and I have still not receved this software. I am contacting PC Advisor as they recommended the software package as a selling point. See if they can hgelp me.

spuds 22:51 29 Nov 2004

This might be of interest click here

wheatear9 11:28 04 Dec 2004

I asked PC advisor to contact JAL and it is interesting because now they have been on Jal's case the missing software has arrived! 12 weeks late! I didn't really need it but not impressed with the service I recieved.

Diodorus Siculus 15:46 04 Dec 2004

Good to hear that PCA have some little influence at last.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone