Jajah Rates Leap

Edenry 18:58 29 Jan 2008

Has anyone else experienced a massive increase in Jajah rates since around Christmas 2007 time?
I am now being charged an immediate 14p per minute to phone Israel from the UK, when, like me, the recipient is also a Jajah subscriber. This rate does not correspond with the rates Jajah are stating on their website. Calls from Israel to the UK are being charged the same high rate.
Internal UK calls are charged at a similar high rate.
I have contacted Jajah three times over the past month regarding their rip-off price hikes, but have failed to receive any reply.
As I only have a few pounds left in credit with Jajah, I shall run it down and not use them again and would advise any other Jajah users to be aware of possible problems with this company.

anchor 19:40 29 Jan 2008

18185 charge only 2p/min to call a fixed line in Israel using your own land line. Check their rates:

click here

spuds 11:59 30 Jan 2008

Agree with anchor about 18185.

Could be even cheaper, if you use one of the 'free' international telephone call broadband packages.

Widow's Son 12:58 30 Jan 2008

Would get you
Line rental
Broadband
Unlimited calls to:
Any local and national UK landline number
International landline numbers in 50 international destinations worldwide (including Israel)
100 inclusive minutes at any time to UK mobiles

To be honest I don't really understand the whole voip hype - certainly it works out cheaper than BT standard rates but not cheaper than the best deals out there. Uswitch is worth a checking out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?