It's good to talk, especially to Virgin

pj123 14:52 01 May 2007

When I was NTL, I had Cable TV which included the telephone. The telephone line rental was free, just pay for the calls.

I then got a second telephone line which NTL charged £5.50 per month line rental plus calls.

It is now Virgin Media. My Virgin bill shows £11 telephone rental with the TV package, and £11 telephone rental for my second line.

When I queried it they said the pricing system has changed. So that they can bill the TV and Telephone separately they have reduced the TV package by £11 and the Telephone rental is now £11. Second telephone lines were £5.50 with NTL but are now £11.

I accepted the TV/Telephone package, as, looking at the bill that appears to be the case.

The second phone line is a different matter as I wasn't told about the changes. They put me on hold for a bit and then said:

"From your next bill we will charge you £5.50 per month for your second phone line for 12 months. After that it will be £11."

Good news for me and I am happy with that.

bluto1 19:24 01 May 2007

Just goes to show that talking about it helps considerably. I`m with Virgin Media, up up 8GB Broadband and phone package. They`ve told me that later this week I should receive my free freeview box. Can`t be bad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?