Is it Normal?

Expat 1 13:37 20 Mar 2006

For PC World/Dixons to scrap all references to there products Once they have sold them. I purchased an Advent 7100 Notebook from them a month ago and cannot find any references to the model anywhere. The model number doesn't even appear in the Advent list of models with a reference to memory upgrades or any other upgrades for that matter. And not even in a review in the PC World/Dixons webb site

Belatucadrus 15:05 20 Mar 2006

Not unusual as Dixons group websites concentrate on what's for sale and as some of their stuff is made specifically for them finding other reference to it can be difficult.

wjrt 15:15 20 Mar 2006

just typed Advent7100 in Google and guess what

click here

SG Atlantis® 16:19 20 Mar 2006
  Expat 1 19:35 20 Mar 2006

I couldn't find this site out here. Am in Spain. Have since discovered that there called PC World is called PC City out here and what with the state of the telephone system out here Im'e not surprised I couldn't find it even in Google. Thanks again.

DieSse 22:52 20 Mar 2006

*what with the state of the telephone system out here Im'e not surprised I couldn't find it even in Googl*

Eh? - I fail to see the connection between the two.

Expat 1 06:32 21 Mar 2006

Sorry, perhaps I didn'texplain myself properly. We are constantly being cut off our telephone line. we havn't even got broadband in our area. Google and other searches take ages because the line keeps getting dropped even more once wer'e on the Internet. And they think It's easy living out here in Spain !!!!!!!

Expat 1

DieSse 08:29 21 Mar 2006

I live in Spain too - I don't have similar problems - in fact I don't even have a telephone line - but I do have a very good wireless broadband connection, with telephone service, at very reasonable rates - courtesy of an initiative by the Junta de Andaucia.

Personally I think it's great living in Spain, my domestic rates here are around £30 per YEAR!!!

DieSse 08:30 21 Mar 2006

Andalucia - of course.

Stuartli 09:13 21 Mar 2006

..and I thought it was only the sunshine that was the attraction...:-)

Been all over Spain (and to places even some of the locals have never seen) and love the country.

Expat 1 06:20 23 Mar 2006

I'me in Pilar de la Horadada North Costa Blanca Edge of Murcia,St Javia airport is only 10 mins down the road,and the Costa Calida. Have no problem living here LOVE IT in fact. Been here 3 years. Wish the weather would hurry up and settle though. This little town is slowly catching up with the rest of Spain. We've even got our own Carefour now !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?