ISP has changed the charging

sunnystaines 14:36 03 Aug 2009

my ISP bulldog [pipex/tiscali/talktalk] has just scrapped my free anytime calls and they are only now free after 6pm and at weekends plus no longer get free 08 numbers at all.

having a relook at what I pay, the monthly bill has been reduced slightly to £19.99 but in fact when I add calls it will work out more expensive.
got the impression they are no longer interested in the old bulldog customers from years ago that were on good deals. Not much in the line of thanks for no jumping ship when many left over thr tiscali debt saga.

getting 8meg on unlimited [in practice around 7meg]

anyone seen any better deals

Charence 14:47 03 Aug 2009

Their unlimited 8 meg plan is quite cheap (£12.23) and service so far seems ok.

Clapton is God 14:49 03 Aug 2009

Tiscali - £17.99, up to 8meg, free calls 24/7 to 01 and 02 numbers, line rental included.

Yes, I know Tiscali are now part of the same TalkTalk/Carphone Warehouse group, but they retained they're own pricing structure.

GaT7 16:24 03 Aug 2009

Another vote for O2 here.

Packages at click here. £5 off each month if you're an O2 mobile customer.

If you join by 6th August (probably unlikely in your case) you get 2 months free. Plus if you go via a cashback site, you get £50 in return - e.g. click here (you need to be registered & logged-in). I received £25 (via Quidco click here) when I joined last year. G

sunnystaines 16:32 03 Aug 2009

have you checked your august bill? I did not know they had scrapped my charges till I checked my online bill which came via email this morning, it was not till i phoned up asking why i had been charged an extra £38 for calls i was told of the changes. I was told 24/7 calls no longer apply.

birdface 16:57 03 Aug 2009

On line Billing.
Just wondered if it was another way of charging you extra.
I could not check my Bills because I never had Adobe downloaded but I did notice a jump in my monthly bills.
I am with Virgimedia so phoned them and they did say it was something to do with upgrading from 2mb to 10mb as I have not received it yet I did not see why I should be paying it.
Their way out was that I was on the Medium deal they scrapped that and their lowest deal now is large.So just a matter of taking it or leaving them.
I must admit their service has improved in the last few years I suppose someone has to pay for it.

sunnystaines 17:08 03 Aug 2009

virgin or in their previous name blueyonder were always putting leaflets through the letterbox offering good deals but all calls resulted in we do not cover your area this went on for about 3 years before they stopped perhaps the penny dropped with them in the end.

Clapton is God 18:28 03 Aug 2009

"have you checked your august bill?"

No, because I haven't been told that it's ready to view yet.

Looks like I could be in for a shock. Good job our daughters are no longer at home. ;-))

sunnystaines 18:51 03 Aug 2009

your tiscali must come out a different day to bulldog then.

if it were not so much hassel changing the phone line as well they would have been history by now.

previous two times i have changed phone lines been cut of for ages due to mix ups and incompetence of phone companies can't face all that again.

I originally left tiscali years ago over billing mix ups, then end up with them again via buy outs and more aggro re billing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?