Iphone-Is it worth it?

belcanto 17:42 17 Apr 2008

Hi everyone, I am thinking of getting a 2nd hand iphone, one that has been unlocked and has got the software updates. My current smartphone an mda vario is ok but is slowing down and playing up. I am worried however about being able to import my contacts into the iphone, can it do that? Also will it work with Office 2007 Outlook?

TIA

Belcanto

alB 18:28 17 Apr 2008

PC Advisor reviewed the Iphone earlier this year, seems to get the "thumbs up" ...alB
click here

jimmybond 18:37 17 Apr 2008

the biggest issue with the iphone (for me anyway), was the lousy connectivity. If reports are to believed, there'll be a 3G iphone just around the corner (this summer) - why not wait until then?

naineysman 16:38 19 Apr 2008

Had the iphone since Launch and I wouldn't swap it for the world.
Excellent browser, great Ipod, push email with Yahoo, syncs with my Laptop and the MAPS app is brilliant. Its a great phone too.

tullie 16:50 19 Apr 2008

Apparently reception is not the best.I wouldent have one to be honest,got better things to spend my money on,but its your decision

belcanto 17:46 19 Apr 2008

Thanks for the response to my query so far, ironically, the 2gb card in my mda vario just went belly up for no reason. I suppose I should have seen the signs when it kept on asking me every time I switched it on wether I want to search rhe card for music and video.

There was also a problem in that it could not work out to play directly from the card, I would have to hghlight it everytime.

The iphone (2nd hand of course), seems to be the ideal in terms of not having to worry about compatible memomry, getting more memory (the mda varios and xdas can only go up to 2gb). The wifi on vario/xda is intermitent, as is the gprs. Overall I will stick with getting the iphone at end of this month..I am still intersted though in what others think.

Belcanto

wee eddie 18:13 19 Apr 2008

Battery not replaceable by you.

There may be problems getting the battery of Unlocked Phones replaced by Apple.

belcanto 18:36 19 Apr 2008

If/when the batrery goes there seem to be lots of re-sellers and engineers who will replace it for a fraction of the price that apple would charge. Also as it is going to be second hand, chances are the original warrenty wont apply any way.

Cheers

Belcanto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?