Internet access in Ireland?

Effie 15:10 13 Oct 2004

HI there, Bit of a long shot really but here goes.

I need to spend a few months in Dublin very soon and hope that some of the forum members who have experience of living/working there who access the internet could recommend an ISP. I have 24/7 here and am wondering if anyone can recommend a similar package there?

As I said, I'm only there for a few months so dont want a long term contract but need to use the net for about 3 hours a day ( dont want to be tied to after 1800 if poss!).

Thanks again

Diodorus Siculus 15:32 13 Oct 2004

I have a PAYG from Eircom.net for the last 4 years or so and find it pretty good - I am only there every 3 or 4 months for a couple of weeks at a time and have never had any problems with it being cut off / disabled. I can also pick up any mail sent to me via that account from here.

click here# for their flat rate service - €29.99 which is a little more than we pay here. No minimum contract.

UTV have one at €24.99 but I have never used them so cannot comment on how good they are: click here

Effie 16:41 13 Oct 2004

That sounds very promising, thank you for the links.

Diodorus Siculus 16:55 13 Oct 2004

Effie - you are welcome.

But I have found what may be a hitch: you cannot sign up for it from a non-Irish IP address. When you do go to sign up, you may have to provide an Irish address for billing - ie you may need your credit card registered in Ireland - it may be an idea to call them and see what's what.

Effie 13:40 14 Oct 2004

Thanks Diodorus Silicus,I'll investigate and see what the score is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone