Intergrated Intel 4500 or dedicated 9300GS 215MB

computerdiv 13:07 28 Sep 2009

Hi, ive been looking at laptops and and don't know weather I should be getting 1 with dedicated graphics or intergrated. surely the latest acer intergrated cards are better than a year old dedicated card. Ive seen both of the ones in the heading a lot for quite a cheap price, around £400 notes but which should I go for. I would like to play some fairly recent games on it(left for dead)and really need it for learning auto cad and other similar cad systems.

all answers greatly recieved, cheers

Why wont it work 13:34 28 Sep 2009

The 9300GS isn't that much older than the X4500, but it's certainly superior in terms of gaming performance. That said, I'm not sure how well the 9300GS would play recent games as it's pretty near the bottom of the dedicated graphics card pile. This website might be able to help you make up your mind click here Hope that helps.

donki 15:14 28 Sep 2009

Both wont be up to playing ANY games that are big on graphics, ie. FPS, RTS. and I feel you would be greatly disappointed having to play your newish games at a low level graphics setting.

What games are u into?

Stuartli 00:09 29 Sep 2009

You are joking?

I can buy a pretty good desktop system for that price and for another £100 quite a useful one...:-)

computerdiv 09:50 30 Sep 2009

I have built my own desk top systems as like a good Lan party with me mates, but have no idea when it comes to laptops.
What sort of graphics cards should I be on the look out for and how much am I going to have to spend?
Are laptops with intergrated graphics cards upgradable?

wjrt 17:06 30 Sep 2009

click here

this could help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?