Is Intel T6400 very good??

joeharrold 13:31 05 Sep 2009

Hi I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice.

Basically I think I have found a laptop that seems to suit all my needs, which is basic portability since I'm due to be a uni student, gaming ability and decent battery life, it's the Acer Aspire 6930G, I've looked around at different websites selling the laptop and its specifications vary from site to site. The review I read featured the laptop with 4GB RAM, an Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 processor and a Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 512mb.

I have found the laptop on the Argos website with all the specifications the same except the processor which is a Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 and the graphics card, Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 1GB, I was just wondering if this processor is any good and if it will be able to run the high graphics card and RAM, since the other versions of this laptop I have found seem to combine these features with a Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 processor?

click here

Thanks very much for any help

citadel 16:25 05 Sep 2009

notebookcheck.net has a comparison of laptop cpu's plus graphics card ratings and fps for some games.

GaT7 19:51 05 Sep 2009

That's not too bad for the price. Reasonably good graphics for the price too. Don't worry about the CPU - it's fine. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?