Integrated laptop web cam - Vista

carrotmuseum 17:17 11 Mar 2008

Laptops direct advise me that my integrated web cam on the new Lenovo laptop does not work under Vista. It works only in messenging systems.

Anyone else experienced this with other laptops, and any solutions?

LTD blame Lenovo, lenove blame vista!!

bremner 20:48 11 Mar 2008

Could this help click here

carrotmuseum 22:13 11 Mar 2008

This is the N200 3000 from Lenovo, so not sure if those drivers do it. Lenovo support told me that the cam deos not work in Vista!!

anchor 14:10 12 Mar 2008

Did the new laptop come with both Vista and the webcam installed. If so, then surely IBM should have a suitable driver available. I would contact them again for further assistance.

If no driver is available, then you would have good grounds to return the laptop.

carrotmuseum 14:30 12 Mar 2008

Yes, it came fully fitted with Vistas Home Premium, and that's what I thought. Laptops Direct simply stonewall every request, so I have passed it on to trading standards.

Just thought I cannot be the only one with this problem, and maybe someone out there knows the answer. I have also spoken to Lenovo twice!

anchor 16:02 12 Mar 2008

Good luck.

I would suggest that if possible you get something in writing, (say an e-mail), from IBM confirming that their webcam does not work with Vista. This will strengthen your claim.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?