Inkjet Refils

PalaeoBill 20:37 18 Nov 2010

I have a Canon CX 350 business card printer that has been given some serious work to do over years. I have two complete sets of original Canon cartridges (6 in each set) and I have refilled these many times now using universal colour refill kits from ink.co.uk click here which cost less than £2 each.

The original Canon cartridges were in the region of £25 each and the heads would block up if the printer was not used at least once a week. Since I've been refilling them they block up less with the cheaper ink and the print quality on uncoated card is better than the original ink was.

I was refilling the magenta cartridge this morning and it got me thinking... I can't work out how many times I've refilled or how much I've saved but it must be considerable now.

I have no axe to grid, I don't work for ink.co.uk or have any association other than as a customer. I just want to say well done, great value for money. I suppose I shouldn't leave out Canon as their cartridges have survived the refilling and reuse process so many times - the build quality is pretty amazing.

spuds 00:32 19 Nov 2010

I find this similar with Canon photocopiers. Their EP range fills no end of times for about £2.00 a time compared to about £60.00 for the new original toner barrel.

Having used many types of well known printers, I purchased a Brother DCP-135C all-in-one at low budget price. Cannot fault the printer, and compatible cartridges working out just over 50p each, I sure ain't complaining, especially as the printer is in daily use. Would mention that I have a CISS unit for this printer, but haven't got around to bother to fit it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?