Ink cartridge error - legal obligations

Polygonal lass 12:38 13 Jun 2007

Hi,

Last week I bought a set of five compatible inks from the website below.

click here

I e-mailed the company inquiring whether the cartridges were chipped, and they replied "Yes, they are chipped". However, when I received the cartridges a few days later they were un chipped, and therefore unusable to me. I emailed to the company explaining what had happened, and they were very understanding, and quick to answer my question, and say they will refund my money.

To return the cartridges to them, (so to receive my refund), I have requested a pre-paid return slip, as I feel I shouldn't be further inconvenienced because of their mistake. However, they insist I pay the postage costs of returning the cartridges, and they will reimburse me afterwards.

My question is, am I legally bound to return the cartridges at my own expense?

Thank you for any guidance.

Stuartli 13:06 13 Jun 2007

Is the promise verbally or in writing, such as in an e-mail?

If you have paid using a card, refunds are usually made back to the card account.

Stuartli 13:07 13 Jun 2007

7DayShop is a very reputable outlet and I use it regularly; in fact I had a delivery from it as recently as Monday morning.

Polygonal lass 13:22 13 Jun 2007

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I agree Stuartli, they seem reputible, however, I can only speak from my experience.

They answered my original e-mail very quickly, (I was impressed with that). I believe they have made a genuine mistake, and was wondering whether I am legally obliged to pay the postage, up front.

The postage will not be much, it is the principle.

They replied via e-mail, saying the cartridges where chipped, and I have a hard copy of that e-mail.

Polygonal lass 14:12 13 Jun 2007

I am going to tick this as resolved. I have just posted the inks, and will hopefully receive a full refund. I will buy the "proper" ink in future.

spuds 16:08 13 Jun 2007

I suppose 7dayshop were making life easier for all parties. Sending a pre-paid slip and waiting for the returns would have taken a week or more, before any refund was available.

Like Stuartli, I use this company on many occasions, and dealing with them as never been a real problem. Some companies deal in the negative, once they have your cash.

What was the printer, because some cartridges can work with a little assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?