Indecisive!?!?!?!?!

Tribune 23:22 22 Sep 2006

Just bought a XCTX pro, for gaming and work, which turned out to be faulty,and didnt handle what i thought it would so i've returned it. now i am back to square one and have decided to get a 13 inch mac to carry round uni for work, and a high-spec desktop for gaming(and work again), basically i have £2600 to spend on the fastest rig i can get.Any suggestions please

DieSse 23:39 22 Sep 2006

I used to be - now I'm not so sure.

;-))

sorry - couldn't resist - the old ones are the best ones.

DieSse 23:42 22 Sep 2006

One suggestion - get two macs or two PCs - mixing them will give you hassles at some stage.

Core2 Duo systems are the fastest around at this point in time.

terryf 05:57 23 Sep 2006

Would be better if your heading was more decisive so that we can see at a glance what the request for help is about, I was not sure whether to look at the thread, now I am sure that I needn't have bothered looking at it :-)

Kate B 17:45 23 Sep 2006

Mixing them won't give you any hassle at all, I've got a Windows gaming rig and an iBook.

It's a rival mag, but have a look at this month's Custom PC which has got a Dream Machines feature comparing gloriously, stupidly expensive gaming rigs - even if you don't go for one of those it might give you some ideas. For retailers, I'd have a look at Scan, Voodoo and Alienware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?