IE7

def90csw 18:45 19 Oct 2006

So is IE7 worth the hype, is it better or just the same as IE6?

Jackcoms 18:53 19 Oct 2006

Bit early to ask, given that it's only just been released as a final version.

However, if you look around the Forums, you'll find a number of threads reporting problems.

Make of that what you will.

Personally, I'll hold off for a few months until MS irons out the initial teething troubles.

anskyber 18:58 19 Oct 2006

I think I must be lucky, its been rock solid for me in the several months I've had IE7 in earlier variants.

The major step forward for me is the tabbed browsing (OK I know FF has done that for a while) and the new print function. I can only assume the new safety features are working, I had one phishing warning yeaserday.

Tick Tock 3 20:24 19 Oct 2006

Nothing but problems so far and i think i will uninstall and go back to IE6 its much faster for me.Will wait to see a more stable version.

birdface 11:32 20 Oct 2006

Downloaded it yesterday, No problems at all In fact it seems to make computer run better,On the Beta Version With the phishing filter on, computer used to react very slow,This version is far quicker.Bit early to say, but at the moment , A big thumbs up for me.

terryf 11:36 20 Oct 2006

I will wait for the final version and let msoft and beta users sort out any bugs

anskyber 11:48 20 Oct 2006

It is the final version available now.

ventanas 12:33 20 Oct 2006

Now got it on 7 machines without any problem. All seems very stable. Problems can occur with certain toolbars, and it is not really know which these are. I have been careful to uninstall any addons first before installing IE7, and then reinstalling afterwards.

I actually quite like it, once I got the menu back.

dth 13:00 20 Oct 2006

Same here - working fine. Not quite as good as firefox but much better now that tabs are available.

961 16:02 20 Oct 2006

Ensure your on-line banking and other essential sites have updated to allow IE7. Not all have yet

Fatbelly 17:40 20 Oct 2006

Installed it last night and uninstalled it today.
Whenever i scrolled down a web page with my mouse wheel, it just continued scrolling down the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?