iamapp.exe

Mountstephens 15:12 29 Apr 2007

Running xp home sp2. Norton Firewall 2002 (no longer supported) but also Norton Ghost/System Works/Go Back/Anti Virus all 2006 purchases. 16th April ran Live Update and was then prompted to restart. Error then displayed 'IAMAPP.EXE Application Error' reference Oxc0000005...click OK to close application. Result is IE7 not accessible giving connection problem response even though adsl connects with task bar computers illuminated.
Phoned Symantec as this app shows link to Firewall, but they refused to give any advice as no support for Firewall. Pointed out that it was the Live Update for current apps that prompted the failure but refused to help. Tried uninstallung Firewall but unable to. Wrote to Symantec 17April thanking them for making my computer redundant and listing the problems but no response. Unable to e-mail of course so now using my work computer to see if anyone can help. If I have to format C drive is it straightforward?
Steve Waller

Kate B 15:29 29 Apr 2007

I'm not surprised Norton wouldn't support on you an ancient product. Anyway, try the removal tool click here and for heaven's sake install an up to date AV app. I like AVG free click here

Mountstephens 15:40 29 Apr 2007

I know the Firewall is old (hey 5 years!) but the remaining Norton stuff is only a year or so old and that is what is bugging me that the current downloads have corrupted it. My AV is 2006 vintage but since I am unable to access the Internet I cannot download the removal tool there being no Cd rewrite facility on work computer and no floppy on home machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?